How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when HR4 Nurseries (T/A J Mann Associates Ltd) collects personal data through our website www.hr4nurseries.co.uk. It also applies to all J Mann Associates Limited products sold on this site or any other site owned by J Mann Associates.
Personal data we collect about you
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your address
- Your phone number
- Your date of birth
- Your company name
- Your financial details
- Any personal data you post on our website
- Data about how you use our website
- Technical data such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Your marketing and communication preferences
- Any other information that you directly provide to us whether through our contact form, over the phone, by email or otherwise.
- Photographs and videos of you at our events
- CV and application forms
How we may use your data
We will use your data in order to:
- Process financial transactions to enable you to purchase our goods our products or services
- Send you customer communications about enhancements to products or services you have bought
- Enable us to perform a contract with you and process orders, respond to enquiries related to the order and deal with complaints
- Reply to any enquiries you make about our products or services
- Send you marketing communications where we are allowed by law to do so
- Personalise your experience on our websites
- Monitor the use of our website and online services
- Ask you to complete surveys
- Keep records of orders placed and communications in relation to such orders
- Keep records of communications
- Analyse your use of our website and other online services
- Administer and protect our business and website
- Deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you
- Understand the effectiveness of our advertising
- Respond to or defend against any legal claims
- Comply with any legal obligations we are subject to or as required by a government authority
- Manage our business
Our lawful ground of processing
Under the UK General Data Protection Data Regulations, we are only legally able to process your personal data if we have a lawful ground for doing so.
Our lawful grounds of processing are:
- In relation to Customer Data that we have obtained in relation to you placing an order with us that we hold for the purpose of fulfilling that contract, informing you about updates to the product or service and keeping records of the contract, the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are subject and for our legitimate interests in informing you about updates to the product or service, record keeping and to establish, pursue or defend legal claim as responsible business operations
- In relation to Prospect Data that we have obtained when you enquired about our products or services (whether that be through our website or otherwise) and that we process in order to reply to your enquiry and keep records of this, the processing is necessary in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract and for our legitimate interests in record keeping and to establish, pursue or defend legal claim
- In relation to Prospect Data that we have obtained when you signed up for any of our free resources and that we process in order to send you those free resources, reply to your communications about the resources and to keep relevant records, you have given consent to the processing for the purposes of us sending you the free resource and it is in our legitimate interests to reply to your communications and to keep records for our business.
- In relation to Marketing Data that we have obtained when you told us your marketing preferences, when you consented to us sending you details of our products and services, for the purposes of us sending you marketing communications, enabling you to partake in our promotions, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising, the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers and users use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- In relation to User Data that we have obtained through cookies on our website or other online services for the purposes of operating our website, ensuring relevant content is provided to you, ensuring the security of our website, maintaining back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business, the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- In relation to Technical Data (that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website), we process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- In relation to your data that we process in order to comply with legal requirements or as required by a government authority, the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- In relation to keeping records, this processing is either necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to or for our legitimate interests in responsible business operations or defending, pursuing or establishing a legal claim.
- In relation to obtaining professional advice and insurance, this processing is necessary for our legitimate interests in order to protect and grow our business.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may only send you email or text marketing communications if
(i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or
(ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. You can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing [email protected]. You can also remove your information from our marketing lists by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email we send you. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as products purchased.
From time to time, J Mann Associates Limited will enter into an arrangement with a third-party website to allow individuals to opt into our marketing program on those third-party websites. In each case the third-party websites have represented and warranted to us, among other things:
- the data was collected voluntarily from individuals on website registrations and co- registrations
- the sellers have a right, under any applicable privacy statements, to transfer the data to us, and
- J Mann Associates Limited has the right to send marketing offers to the individuals. If you have additional questions, please contact us at [email protected]
How we collect your personal data
We may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to us (for example by filling in forms on our site or by sending us emails). We may automatically collect certain data from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies.
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the UK, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the UK, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the UK, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, fraud detection agencies and data brokers or aggregators.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact us in writing.
If you believe that we have not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner. We would be grateful if you would contact us first so we can try and resolve it.
Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, accountants, auditors and insurers.
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities or otherwise disclose your personal data.
- Market researchers and fraud prevention agencies.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
The law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the us the site owners.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.